Re: FTP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FTP
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:39:59 -0500
Jon Burford wrote:

> Regardless of the ftp client I use, it always takes 5 minutes and 23 seconds
> to transfer a file.When using the standard ftp client, it will say
> "connected to <VIP>", but I do not get a login prompt until 5:23 later.

I'd suspect identd

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO_1.0-10.html#ss10.5

Also next time, please don't leave all of the previous mailings in the
thread at the bottom of your posting.
I just have to edit them out, and they needlessly fill up the disk on the
list archiver.

Thanks