Re: FTP

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FTP
From: "Jon Burford" <jburford@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:07:15 -0800
Actually, I did not include any other posts in my message except for my
first one which contained all the debugging information (commands, dumps,
etc.) I collected.  I thought I would include this again (without any of the
other replies, just my original post) in case it were of any use to those on
the list.  I suspected identd as well, but I was not seeing any auth packets
in my dumps.  I also thought about reverse DNS lookups, but was not seeing
any domain packets either.  Actually, the key to my problem (which had very
strange, seemingly unrelated symptoms) was in my ipchains command:

> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.10.0/24 -o eth0:1 -j MASQUERADE

I thought I would be explicit about which address to masquerade to for
outgoing packets from the real servers by specifying the aliased interface.
This, the system did not like.  If I change the eth0:1 to eth0, everything
works fine.  Thanks for all who helped with my problem - I really appreciate
it!

Reagrds,
Jon