kernel config of real-servers

To: Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: kernel config of real-servers
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:31:15 -0500
The documentation is very clear about what things need to be turned on in the kernel config of the director, but says virtually nothing of what needs to be in the real-server's kernel. I spent an entire weekend trying to get LVS up and running to no avail (tried both tun and dr). I'm wondering if it's because I'm missing something inthe real-servers' kernel configs. Can anyone enlighten me? If I need to give more information please let me know.

Oh this was with 2.2.19 and ipvs 1.0.6. Thanks.

Paul J. Baker                               Internet Systems Technician
pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Where2GetIt.com
phone 847-498-0111x234
fax   847-480-7422