Re: kernel config of real-servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kernel config of real-servers
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:22:48 -0400
Paul Baker wrote:

> Roberto Nibali wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Or what specifically did you
> > miss?
>
>   What I specifically missed is that it appeared to me everything was
> working properly but when ever I would try to connect to the director on
> port 80 it never would...

I assume port 80 is your LVS'ed service. Just to make sure we're speaking
the same language, the director is just a router. If you've LVS'ed port 80,
then requests to port 80 will be forwarded to the real-servers. So you are
trying to connect to port 80 on the LVS (ie the whole setup) and not to
port 80 on the director. As small point perhaps, but you need to be
clear where you're connecting to.

Try with telnet first. The client and the protocol is a lot simpler
and when you connect you'll see an entry in the ActConn column of
ipvsadm

 And I could not find anywhere in a logfile
> anything remotely resembling any kind of an error message. even with "IP
> virtual server debugging (NEW)" enabled in the kernel on the director.
> But unless someone has a "oh you silly, you forgot..." answer for me
> don't respond, because I'm going to start over from scratch again today
> since 1.0.7 came out and give this another shot. If I can't get it to
> work this time I'll be sure you let you all know though ;-)

you could try the configure script on the LVS website.