How to clear stale entries ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to clear stale entries ?
From: Laurent Lefoll <Laurent.Lefoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:31:39 +0200
Hi all,

Is there a way to clear some entries in the ipvs tables ?
I will try to precise my needs. We have a linux box (2.2.18, LVS 1.0.5 )
load-balancing SMTP to 2 real servers with LVS-NAT and lc balancing algorithm.
Everything is working fine but if server n°1 reboots or crashes, the connections
entries remains in the tables as nothing indicated to  the LVS box that the
connections are no more active. So when the real server n°1 comes back to
operation, the lvs box keeps on sending all the requests (up to a certain value)
to server n°2 because from the connection tables, it seems there are established
connection to server n°1 and we are in lc balancing. Of course, these stale
entries will be removed when the timeout occurs but in the meantime the traffic
is not equally load-balanced.

So is there a way to remove manually some entries ? I have tried to remove
manually the real server from the service (with ipvsadm -d .... ) and then add
it back but the entries are still there.

I hope I am clear enough so you can understand what I mean.

Regards,

Laurent