Re: Problems compiling ipvs-0.8.2

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems compiling ipvs-0.8.2
From: Ben North <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:36:57 +0000
Daniel Martin Legazpe wrote:
> But, when I 'make install' I've got the following new error:
>
>    [root@eceiolab ipvs]# insmod ip_vs.o
>                    ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol buffermem_pages
>                    ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nr_free_pages
>                    ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol page_cache_size
>                    ip_vs.o: [...]
>
> Any idea ??

Even if you compile IPVS as a module, there are still some
kernel changes required.  There should be a patch file called
linux_kernel_ksyms_c.diff in your ipvs-0.x.y directory, which
should be applied to your kernel source as described in the
README.  It says:

# First, apply the ksyms diff file
# to the kernel souce.
#         cd /usr/src/linux
#         cat <path-name>/linux_kernel_ksyms_c.diff | patch -p1
# Then, rebuild a Linux kernel with Netfilter support.

Then you have to install the kernel, modify lilo.conf (if that's
what you're using), and reboot the new kernel.  The changes in
that patch file make the kernel export three new symbols, the
ones which are unresolved above.

Good luck; hope that helps.

Regards,

Ben.