Re: Problems compiling ipvs-0.8.2

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems compiling ipvs-0.8.2
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 19:39:20 +0800 (CST)
Hello Daniel,

Maybe it might be easier to try a single ipvs kernel patch,
(linux-2.4.12-ipvs-0.8.2.patch.gz or linux-2.4.16-ipvs-0.9.8.patch.gz).
Apply the patch to a clean copy of kernel source. Personally, I think that
it is time to use linux-2.4.16-ipvs-0.9.8.patch.gz against kernel 2.4.17.

Please make sure at least the following option must be selected.

     Code maturity level options --->
         [*] Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers

     Networking options --->
         [*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains)
         [ ]   Network packet filtering debugging
           IP: Netfilter Configuration  --->
           IP: Virtual Server Configuration  --->
             <M> virtual server support (EXPERIMENTAL)
             [*]   IP virtual server debugging
             (12)   IPVS connection table size (the Nth power of 2)
             --- IPVS scheduler
             <M>   round-robin scheduling
             <M>   weighted round-robin scheduling
             <M>   least-connection scheduling scheduling
             <M>   weighted least-connection scheduling
             <M>   locality-based least-connection scheduling
             <M>   locality-based least-connection with replication scheduling
             <M>   destination hashing scheduling
             <M>   source hashing scheduling
             --- IPVS application helper
             <M>   FTP protocol helper

Then, rebuild the kernel, and reboot the system with the new kernel image.

Finally, you can rebuild ipvsadm source rpm.

Regards,

Wensong