Re: [PROB]: TP (iptables REDIRECT) on port 80, lvs, and squid

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [PROB]: TP (iptables REDIRECT) on port 80, lvs, and squid
Cc: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ian C. Sison" <ian.s@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:11:51 +0800 (PHT)
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Joseph Mack wrote:

> "Ian C. Sison" wrote:
> >

> > Yes they are marked, because the byte/packet counter increases when i pass
> > traffic through
>
> the LVS byte/packet counter?

Is there one?  \8)
byte/packet counts are from iptables -t mangle -L -v -n

> > but ...  i get the SYN_RECV problem..  It's like after
> > marking, the LVS does get a hold of the request but can't seem to
> > establish a TCP connection to the RealServers correctly.  It hangs at
> > SYN_RECV
>
> I don't know what the problem is, I'm just thinking my way through it.
> The realserver is in SYN_RECV. Did it send a reply packet? Where does
> it go (ie is it being sent somewhere crazy)?

My ideas as well, but then if it goes somewhere crazy, how does one detect
it, much more avoid it.

One question though, with the LVS setup i have (LVS in front of 4 squids
rigged for transparent proxy). If from the LVS box itself i telnet to
itself, port 80, i get 'connection refused'.  However if i telnet from
some other box to the LVS box, i get answered my one of the squids.  Is
that normal at all?