Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests

To: Abe Schwartz <sloween@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:53:56 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Abe Schwartz wrote:

> My apologies - the 'client' (192.168.10.211) isn't on the same network. I
> changed the IP to protect the innocent. It's at a seperate location.
>
> I'm afraid it may be a day before I can get back to you with some tcpdumps -
> I've not used it much before. (Unless you'd like to send me the commands
> that would get you what you were looking for.)

Standard list of tcpdump commands for LVS-DR:

director# tcpdump -ln -i INDEV host CIP
director# tcpdump -ln -i OUTDEV host CIP -vvv
real server# tcpdump -ln -i INDEV host CIP -vvv
real server# tcpdump -ln -i OUTDEV host CIP
client# tcpdump -ln -i INDEV host VIP -vvv
client# tcpdump -ln -i OUTDEV host VIP

You know:
CIP: client IP
VIP: virtual server IP

May be on all hosts for your setup INDEV==OUTDEV==eth0

        The main thing to check: whether the RS generates reply
packets and whether they go through .161

> Other than the above, do the particulars of my setup look correct? I wasn't
> sure I was using the correct 'hidden' patch (there are several on julian's
> page).

        The latest hidden patch is against 2.4.5 and above. BTW,
at first look, I don't see anything strange in your setup.

> Thanks again for your help.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>