RE: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:43:44 -0800
> My apologies - the 'client' (192.168.10.211) isn't on the
> same network. I
> changed the IP to protect the innocent. It's at a seperate location.

Excellent.  the client should be on a separate network.

> I'm afraid it may be a day before I can get back to you with
> some tcpdumps -
> I've not used it much before. (Unless you'd like to send me
> the commands
> that would get you what you were looking for.)

Julian's got a few tcpdumps he likes to see.  Usually I just copy his and
try to make myself look good :).  Like now, try these..

director# tcpdump -ln -i INDEV host CIP
director# tcpdump -ln -i OUTDEV host RIP -vvv
real server# tcpdump -ln -i IN_ETH host DIP -vvv
real server# tcpdump -ln -i tunl0 host CIP
real server# tcpdump -ln -i OUT_DEV host CIP

These were meant for LVS-TUN, but it should to the same job.  CIP = client
ip.

> Other than the above, do the particulars of my setup look
> correct? I wasn't
> sure I was using the correct 'hidden' patch (there are
> several on julian's
> page).

I think Joe replied and got everything.

Disclaimer - I'm not an expert, I'm just a user.  Julian & Joe are pros...
:)