Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 05:57:55 -0500
Abe Schwartz wrote:

> >did you start with a fresh kernel from ftp.kernel.org?
>
> Of course. :)

great

> >have you set the realserver gw?
>
> You mean its' default gateway? Yes - It's not using the director as it's
> gateway. Both the realserver and the director exist on the same segment. I'm
> simply asking the director to send the requests to the realserver (no masq
> or anything).

>I've also added a route to the VIP on the realserver as such:
>
> route add -host [VIP] dev dummy0
>
> Is that what you meant?

I guess so. You don't need to do this, since the realserver already knows that
it has the VIP locally and knows where to send packets with dest=VIP.
I can't see it doing any harm, but since you don't need it you should remove it.

It's not obvious what the problem is from here. If you want to flounder around
getting it going you can keep posting to the list here and we'll figure out
what the problem is eventually. Another approach would be to try my configure
script and use the sample lvs_dr.conf.one_NIC_one_network file as a starting
point. Presumably after you get the LVS to work, you can figure out how to
get it going by hand.