Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests

To: Abe Schwartz <sloween@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.17 realserver not answering requests
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:27:48 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Abe Schwartz wrote:

> >     LVS does not play with the netfilter's conntracking.
>
> "Does not play" - does that mean LVS' connections don't register as having a
> state of any kind, or that iptables is incompatible in some way with LVS?

        Different conntracks, LVS does not know what netfilter thinks
about the packet: part of connection, state, etc

> I'm certain I'm not the first person on earth to attempt to use iptables
> concurrently with LVS-DR under 2.4. Does anyone have an example ruleset for
> either|both director and realserver that allows LVS to function?

        I don't have such list, may be someone else can help. In
any case, you can see this file for more information:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/LVS.txt

        About the problem: the ACK is received in the director
but is not forwarded to the real server. The problem is in the
director.

> Thanks again.
Regards

--