Re: LVS Beginner's question.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Beginner's question.
From: "John P. Looney" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:17:21 +0100
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 07:18:53PM -0400, daniel smith mentioned:
> Hi. My name's Daniel Smith, and I've been lurking this list for a while. I
> am hoping to set up a LVS project to serve interactive  streaming media,
> and have a basic/beginners question if you all wouldn't mind. I was
> wondering if anyone could refer to any successes (or not) with the variety
> or types of firewall setups they've used or tried? I was looking at for
> example a product called antefacto.com mentioned here a while back, and
> that seems quite a neat device, in that it has the Linux kernel loaded in
> flash memory on a solid state device of some sort. (This is not an
> intentional plug.) Could anyone speak to this? Thanks a lot.

 Hi Daniel. Yes, we do a box called the 'S1000', which does use a slightly
modified LVS kernel software (ip_vs). We modified ip_vs to get it to play
nicely with iptables on the same box, so you don't need a seperate
firewall/vpn box.

 There is a lot of information on the box at http://www.antefacto.com, but
contact me off list if you have any more specific questions, such as
locating a reseller etc. Being a standard load balancer, it will work fine
for streaming media as long as it is a standard TCP or UDP protocol.

John

--
John Looney             Chief Scientist