Balancing weirdness

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Balancing weirdness
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:46:29 -0400 (EDT)
HI,

I've just started an imap/pop lvs service with 6 real servers.

Weights were distributed using 4,4 and 1 for the remaining 4.

The four weighted on servers are all identical hardware.

In any case, I'm using wlc as the balancing schedule algorithm

At this time the following is the table.

Machine weight          number of activeConn
        4               311
        4               307
        1               78
        1               79
        1               78
        1               205

So I guess my question is:  What's up with the last 1.  Why is it getting
so many connections?

Persistence is set to 30 seconds.

Oh, IPVS 1.0.4

Thanks,

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx

I have not failed.  I have just
found 10,000 ways that don't work.