RE: Persistence is a silly marketing gimick

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Persistence is a silly marketing gimick
From: nick garratt <nick-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:51:02 +0200
you should be using a session service and not local serialised file based session storage mechanism. an excellent example is msession (http://www.mohawksoft.com/phoenix/msession.html) which i use on relatively high volume sites to solve this very issue. using this mechanism persistance is only really needed for the HTTPS based virtual services.

nick