Re: Balancing weirdness

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Balancing weirdness
From: Martijn Klingens <mklingens@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:00:34 +0200
On Monday 12 August 2002 16:46, Ramon Kagan wrote:
> Machine weight                number of activeConn
>       4               311
>       4               307
>       1               78
>       1               79
>       1               78
>       1               205
>
> So I guess my question is:  What's up with the last 1.  Why is it getting
> so many connections?
>
> Persistence is set to 30 seconds.

Since you are using persistence, all connections from the same source IP are
sent to the same realserver, regardless of whether this realserver is already
at its designated weight or not. Could it be that you have a single
masquerading host with lots of clients behind it that happens to end up at
this machine?
--
Martijn