LVS with a few LinuxDirector

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS with a few LinuxDirector
From: Leonard Soetedjo <Leonard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:19:03 +0800
Hi,

I'm new to the world clustering, and would like to ask a question regarding
LVS.

Is it possible to have a few LinuxDirector (> 5) and all of them managing all
the realservers?  From most, if not all tutorials/HOWTO, I read that there's
only one LinuxDirector and a backup one (not active).

As an example to my question, the client will be redirected to one of the
LinuxDirectors by using DNS Round Robin (or if there's a better suggestion, I
would surely welcome it).  The LinuxDirector would then schedule it to one of
the realservers.  This is different from the config of each LinuxDirector
with its own realservers.  In the latter case, if a LinuxDirector is down,
the realservers under it will not be able to process anything (if not
considering the backup LinuxDirector).

Secondly, if I can have a few LinuxDirectors active, is it possible to have 1
or 2 backup server to takeover just about anyone of the LinuxDirectors?  Or
do I have to get 1 backup for each LinuxDirectors?

Thank you.