RE: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
From: Rutger van Oosten <R.vanOosten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:49:32 +0200
For me it only works if the ftpd reports the RIP in response to a PASV ftp
command. It most definately does not work if i set it to report the VIP
instead.

I assume the director changes the response packet to contain the VIP before
forwarding the packet on - and that my firewall (a netscreen) changes it
into the real internet legal IP.

I do have persistence turned on for ftp - since the configure script i used
(configure-lvs-0.9.2.pl) does this automatically. (It does not automatically
put in a default route to the gateway - but that's a different issue
altogether)

Rutger