RE: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
From: Rutger van Oosten <R.vanOosten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:08:52 +0200
It's a setting in your ftp daemon running on that real server - it's what
the ftp server uses to send as a response to the client doing the "PASV"
statement.  In Serv-U 4 it's in *your domain* -> Settings -> Advanced Tab ->
Allove passive mode data transfers, use IP: 192.168.1.20.

I don't know WHY this works.. I just tried filling in various IP addresses
(internet legal, ,firewall inside, director outside, director inside, real
server) and only the real server one would work for me and for the hoards of
internet users trying to get to our ftp servers.

My ipvsadm for ftp looks like this:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  vip:ftp rr
  -> www01:ftp                    Masq    0      0          0
  -> www02:ftp                    Masq    1      39         44

Where www01 and www02 are real servers 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20, and
www01 is waiting for www02 to fail ;-)

Rutger