Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, laurie.baker@xxxxxx, R.vanOosten@xxxxxxxxxxx, tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:16:48 -0400
laurie.baker@xxxxxx wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> -> I wonder how you do this with unix ftpds.
>
> Probably as per http://www.wu-ftpd.org/man/ftpaccess.html scan for
> pasv-allow <class> [<addrglob> ...],

hmm, thanks, I didn't look at that assuming it was an ACL sort of thing.
also scan for

passive address <externalip> <cidr>

my ftpd doesn't have this capability.

Presumably you want the ftpd to reply to the client
that it's listening on the VIP rather than the RIP.

In response, the ftp client in pasv mode, will send a
a connect request to VIP:high_port and the
director will not forward this high_port unless port 0
(ie all ports) is persistent.

so we still need either a functioning ftp_helper or
ftp handled by persistence.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,