Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:30:32 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

> > >         So, for FTP to work, we create special persistence template
> > > for these FTP data connections:
> > >
> > > TCP, CIPNET:*, VIP:*, RIP:*
> >
> > is this for both active and passive?
>
>         Yes, if I'm not overlooking something.
>
> > Does ip_vs look for a connection to port 21
> > and then create the special persistence template?
>
>         Yes, the above special template is created if the service is
> TCP 21

I just setup persistence to VIP:ftp (and not to VIP:0) and LVS ftp
worked. I did not expect this as I think of persistence to VIP:ftp
accepting all packets from client:0 to VIP:ftp, but not to VIP:20.
I would have expected that I needed to set persistence to VIP:0.

Is the template handling the connections to VIP:20?

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,