Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs-NAT ftp (Kernel 2.4.19)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:22:39 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Joseph Mack wrote:

> I just setup persistence to VIP:ftp (and not to VIP:0) and LVS ftp
> worked. I did not expect this as I think of persistence to VIP:ftp
> accepting all packets from client:0 to VIP:ftp, but not to VIP:20.
> I would have expected that I needed to set persistence to VIP:0.

        The FTP service can grab connections to other ports
in the same way as the VIP:0 can do it.

> Is the template handling the connections to VIP:20?

        Yes, and to all other ports in the range 1024..65535

        If new conn is being created then select VS:

- lookup for vservice with exact port

- else if there is FTP vservice and DPORT is 20 or 1024-65535 =>
        vs will be TCP:21

- else if there is null vservice (port 0) then use it

> Joe

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>