known problems with bonding/teaming

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: known problems with bonding/teaming
From: "Steder, Michael" <Michael.Steder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:03:56 +0100
Hi,

I try to start a pulse daemon, but always occurs "cannot create heartbeat
socket..."

I am root and there ist no other pulse running. Even after a reboot, this
error bars me from starting the daemon.
(I haven't read any other reasons for this error)

The only (real) difference to other machines, where a NAT-LVS is easy to
implement is, that this machine uses teamed NICs (Intel PRO/ 1000 MT), is
that the problem ? I can't imagine, but what other causes has this error ?

Kind regards,
 Michael