Re: Multiple realserver on localnode with direct routing

Subject: Re: Multiple realserver on localnode with direct routing
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:43:32 -0500
Johanne ULLOA wrote:

> > What doesn't work when you try it?
>
> I tried to add a new ip aliase on lo , binded Apache on it and use it as
> realserver :
> VIP : 10.1.1.1 on eth0:1
> lo:1  10.1.1.2
>
> #ipvsadm -A -t 10.1.1.1:80 -s rr
> #ipvsadm -a -t 10.1.1.1:80 -r 10.1.1.2
> without success

yes, but what I wanted to know was what about it didn't work.
It works here at least for telnet listening to 0.0.0.0

to add localnode you're supposed to do
#ipvsadm -a -t VIP:port -r localhost -g

> now i use :
>
> #ipvsadm -a -t 10.1.1.1:80 -r 10.1.1.1
> and it's work :-)

hmm, didn't know this would work.

Julian, Horms,
        Is this behaviour going to stay, ie can I document it?

> Is the fwmark is a better way to do it? what are the pros/cons ?

fwmark is a way of collecting an arbitary collection of VIP:port
into one virtual service (the ipvsadm -A command). You only
need to do this if the client needs to be on the same realserver
for all of the VIP:port services at the same time.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx