Re: Multiple realserver on localnode with direct routing

To: Johanne ULLOA <julloa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Multiple realserver on localnode with direct routing
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 16:15:05 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Johanne ULLOA wrote:

> I tried to add a new ip aliase on lo , binded Apache on it and use it as
> realserver :
> VIP : 10.1.1.1 on eth0:1
> lo:1  10.1.1.2

        No, no. You ignore the main thing. For Localnode the packet
is not changed, so the packets come to the servers listening for VIP.
So, having multiple localnodes is useful only for fwmark-based
vservers where different VIPs can be used.

> #ipvsadm -a -t 10.1.1.1:80 -r 10.1.1.1
> and it's work :-)

        You can safely use -r 127.0.0.1 and again to listen to 10.1.1.1.
The command just needs one local RIP to assign localnode forwarding
type. Then what is the RIP is not meaningful.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Is the fwmark is a better way to do it? what are the pros/cons ?

        In your case you can have multiple VIPs for same vserver
and multiple localnodes.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>