Another big Persistence Question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Another big Persistence Question
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 06:17:38 -0800 (PST)
Hello Joe and all,

This particular question comes at an interesting time
for me. We are about to use LVS NAT routing to support
upwards of:

IMAP (3000-5000 conncurrent connections; upwards of
400K messages - 2k-35k each - per 24 hr period)
+
SMTP ("ipvsadm -Ln [--rate|stats]" showns single-digit
Active, and single to double-digit Inactive
connections, with CPS coming in at 0-2 max, and in 2
days running total In/OutBytes just over 1GB
combined.)
+
HTTP/HTTPS ( 0-2 CPS, In/OutBytes 1GB in 2 days)
+
POP (very tiny amount - maybe 100 users)

And my questions are:
(1)  Will LVS NAT routing handle this

(2)  Do I need PERSISTANCE on IMAP and POP (I already
use persistance on HTTP/HTTPS), and if so, what
setting?  I currently have PERSISTANCE set to 15
MINUTES for HTTP/HTTPS/IMAP/POP.  What persistence do
you recommend for imap/pop/http/https ?

Your speedy and accurate feedback would help
tremendously.

Thanks
Peter

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=103407779310426&w=2