Re: Suggestion for next release? [WAS Re: single load-balancer, multiple

Subject: Re: Suggestion for next release? [WAS Re: single load-balancer, multiple clusters?]
From: Alan Murrell <silkbc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Horms,

--- Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

Ah, this may be good, since the Mandrake distribution
(which I use) has a package called
'heartbeat-ldirectord'; I will check it out.  Someone
also pointed me in the direction of 'keepalived',
whichi I may check out if 'ldirectord' does not do
what i am asking of it :-)

I went to the URL you gave me, and it determines
whether or not a host is up by requesting a web page,
so I infer from this that it is not necessary to have
a serial connection between the hosts?

I know this may seem obvious, but I just wanted to
make sure, as there was no documentation on it.

Thanks!  I think I have pretty much all i need to get
things going! :-)

Alan