RE: lvs NAT state tables

Subject: RE: lvs NAT state tables
From: Fong Vang <FVang@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:26:17 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Horms [mailto:horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 12:18 AM
To: LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.

I've looked at those files.  None of those files have 15 (for 15 minutes)
nor 900 (900s = 15 minutes).  I've also tried increasing the values in those
files.  ipvsadm -Lnc still shows countdown starting at 15 minutes.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:19:13PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:01:32PM -0700, Fong Vang wrote:
> > I'm having a difficult time figuring out why packets are being dropped
at
> > the load balancer for sessions that have no packets going through it.
> > Basically, the client (browsers) requests a such that could take up to
30
> > minutes to return.  If it returns in less than 15 minutes, everything is
> > okay.  Anything longer and the return packets (according to traffic
> > sniffing) would be dropped at the load balancer.
> >
> > We're using ipvsadm v1.21 with IPVS v1.0.6.  We're using IPVS in NAT
mode.

> > After issueing a request from the browser, ipvsadm -Lnc set the expire
time
> > to 15 minutes and then starts the count down.  Could this be what's
causing
> > the problem?  If so, how do I change this?
>
> Yes, that is almost certainly the problem.
> You can change these timeouts by modifying the LVS source
> and recompiling the code.

Correction. You can also modify the timeouts by modifying
the proc files  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/timeout_*

--
Horms

This e-mail has been captured and archived by the ZANTAZ Digital Safe(tm)
service.  For more information, visit us at www.zantaz.com.
IMPORTANT: This electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or directly reply to the original message(s) sent.  Thank you.