ldirectord.cf configuration error

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ldirectord.cf configuration error
From: "Andy Chandler" <andy.chandler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:14:24 -0500
Greetings lvs gurus,

I am setting up a simple HA/LB model via Ultra Monkey, but am having
trouble getting ldirectord to start.  Here are the errors I see...

        [root /etc/ha.d]# /usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start
        DEBUG2: Running exec(/usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf
start)
        Running exec(/usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start)
        Error [] reading file /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf at line 12:
invalid timeout value
        DEBUG2: Exiting with exit_status 2: config_error: Configuration
Error
        Exiting with exit_status 2: config_error: Configuration Error

Below is the start of the ldirectord.cf file (used sample file, and
modified addresses only)

        #
        # Sample ldirectord configuration file to configure various
virtual services.
        #
        # Ldirectord will connect to each real server once per second
and request
        # /index.html. If the data returned by the server does not
contain the
        # string "Test Message" then the test fails and the real server
will be
        # taken out of the available pool. The real server will be added
back into
        # the pool once the test succeeds. If all real servers are
removed from the
        # pool then localhost:80 is added to the pool as a fallback
measure.

        # Global Directives
        checktimeout=5
        checkinterval=1
        fallback=127.0.0.1:80
        autoreload=yes
        logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
        logfile="local0"
        quiescent=yes

        # A sample virtual with a fallback that will override the gobal
setting
        virtual=192.168.225.160:80
                real=192.168.225.151:80 gate
                real=192.168.225.152:80 gate
                real=192.168.225.154:80 gate
                fallback=127.0.0.1:80 gate
                service=http
                request="index.html"
                receive="Test Page"
                scheduler=rr
                #persistent=600
                #netmask=255.255.255.255
                protocol=tcp

Commenting out the first two entries in the cf file allows ldirectord to
start...  I assume that will just use the default values, but I may want
to change the defaults.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Andy Chandler
Senior Systems Administrator