Re: ldirectord.cf configuration error

Subject: Re: ldirectord.cf configuration error
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm.turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:01:49 +0000
Andy Chandler wrote:
Greetings again,

I'm attempting to do the Ultramonkey High Capacity High Availability
topology described at
http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/hc-ha-lb-eg.html.

I have a simple (I thought) test setup with two directors and three real
servers (all Redhat 8) serving a one line index.html file (via apache
1.3.x).

The HA function works fine, and now I'm just working on the primary HA
box's ldirectord settings.  It seems to (sort of) work -- I have been
able to hit all three real servers, but it doesn't look like real round
robin.

The problems I have are:

1. At my first attempt to hit the virtual server, I always get a "server
not found" error in my browser.  As soon as I reload, I get one of the
three real servers' index.html pages as expected.

2. I tried to hit the virtual address from 5 different machines using
lynx (within 30 seconds of each other) and they all landed on the same
real server.  I assume there's either a stickyness or timeout issue I
have to configure.

You probably haven't solved the arp problem on that server :-)

Either hide the lo interface or use Horms method to redirect..

Here is the ldirectord.cf file.

# Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2