Re: ldirectord.cf configuration error

Subject: Re: ldirectord.cf configuration error
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:00:01 +0900
On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:14:24AM -0500, Andy Chandler wrote:
> Greetings lvs gurus,
>
> I am setting up a simple HA/LB model via Ultra Monkey, but am having
> trouble getting ldirectord to start.  Here are the errors I see...
>
>       [root /etc/ha.d]# /usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start
>       DEBUG2: Running exec(/usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf
> start)
>       Running exec(/usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start)
>       Error [] reading file /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf at line 12:
> invalid timeout value
>       DEBUG2: Exiting with exit_status 2: config_error: Configuration
> Error
>       Exiting with exit_status 2: config_error: Configuration Error
>

> Below is the start of the ldirectord.cf file (used sample file, and
> modified addresses only)

Hi Andy,

that configuration should work and to be honest I am not sure why it isn't.
Please make sure that you have an up to date version of ldirectord.
If you are using Ultra Monkey it will have come bundled with
heartbeat, make sure you have the 1.0.2 version of that package.

Actually, you can just grab ldirectord out of CVS if you want.
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/cvs.shtml

The only other thing that I can think of is that perhaps there
are some miscreant characters in your ldirectord.cf.

In any case you could debug it by running the following
and stepping through the programme. Obviously a bit tedious :(

perl -d /usr/sbin/ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf

( a small -d festival ! )

Other than that, if you send me your config file as an attachment
I can try and reproduce your problem.

--
Horms