Clean slate

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Clean slate
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:05:11 -0500
Hi,

I'm starting to wrap my head around LVS, please excuse my ignorance ;-)

Which distribution of Linux is best suited to run LVS? As I'm most familir with
RedHat, I am working with LVS in RedHat 7.3 right now after running into some
troubles with RH9 and the missing kernel module... But I just was wondering if
anyone has reliably got LVS running on any more minimalistic distributions. I
was looking at some of the distributions on www.linux.org in the "Minimalist"
category but there are a lot of them.

I am strongly tempted to just use the standard kernel but as I've never had a
reason to mess with the kernel before (please don't sneer at me;-), I'm not
quite sure what it would break if I went with the standard kernel on an
existing RH7.3 or RH9 install.. ?

I did find several prebuilt RPMs for RH 7.3 i.e.
http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/2.0.1/rh.7.3/ or
http://mail.incredimail.com/howto/lvs/install/ ... I'm assuming that would be
the path of least resistance but using a minimalistic distro would be more fun.

Thanks!
Jeremy