RE: Clean slate

Subject: RE: Clean slate
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:40:13 -0500
Just for the record, after installing RedHat 8, I tried to use one of the
ftp.kernel.org ftps. The kernel compiled just fine and an "initrd" ramdisk
image was created ok, but it gave lots of odd messages when booting starting
off with being unable to mound /proc.

So I went ahead and used kernel-source-2.4.20-18.8.i386.rpm instead. The IPVS
patch applied cleanly. It also took a *lot* longer to compile (it had more
built in modules, as it was the make modules compile that took forever). It
worked though and actually boots cleanly, and I ran ipvsadm which did not give
me any errors.

Now onto actually configuring things...