Re: connection delay/limit

To: Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: connection delay/limit
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:17:21 -0400
Konrads.Smelkovs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Altough, we are approaching offtopic :)

Your setup isn't working, we need to know everything.

> Also, due to specific of the application (think authentification or such),
> it performs one or two exact search requests, like uid=konrads and
> requests for a attribute to be returned, e.g. : userPassword.

presumably these are two consecutive tcpip connections? If so you'll need
persistence.

As to what else is missing I don't know.

Just for sanity checks, you can use these machines, IPs to setup
some conventional LVS'ed service eg telnet, httpd?

You know the ldap realservers are working OK outside of the LVS
(ie you can connect to them directly, possibly after fiddling IPs)?

After that it's brute force eg tcpdump I'm afraid. If you know the protocol
well enough you can debug also with netcat/phatcat

for samples of using phatcat to debug the 2 port service ftp see

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.multi-port.html#ftp

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx