AW: LVS on cd ?

Subject: AW: LVS on cd ?
From: Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:20:43 +0200

>A lot of us have thought about it, but no-one's done it.
>Do you want to be the first?

Yes i'd like to, just asked prior to make sure that such a
project doesnt exist, but this may take me some time ... there
is a real cool project on www.knoppix.net which would
allow to bring an own kernel + ipvs patches etc into the
current existing knoppix/debian distri.

>What would be even nicer would be a CD you could boot and run LVS on
>a diskless machine.

That would be the goal !

>I'm not sure how you setup /etc and the various directories that need to be
writable
>(you can have them in a ramdisk, but you have to store info somehow between
boots,
>maybe on a floppy which you read in each time you boot).

I could think about a lvs config on floppy which gets then auto loaded, how
would that be ?

Matthias