Re: AW: LVS on cd ?

Subject: Re: AW: LVS on cd ?
From: Joao Pedro Clemente <jpcl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:23:32 +0100 (WET DST)
> One thing I thought about instead of a CD, was a 128M (or so) ide flashcard.
> However having your (ro) files on a CD and your own files on a floppy is
> a lot less bother.

That bings you a problems, concerning security.. the flashcard is a rw
medium that is vulnerable to hacking...

Anyway, I'm also insterested in knowing more of that technology (the ide
flashcard) as I would like to have pc's wich disk is a flashcard.. (it's a
personal project for a diskles workstation).
However I'm being unable to find flashcards here in portugal, as the only
ones I see in the computer hardware stores are those "usb pen flash
memory", wich, in my understading, are very slow...

My question is.. what are those pci/ide flahdisks called? I've been unable
to find them in a google search..

Thanks