Re: AW: LVS on cd ?

Subject: Re: AW: LVS on cd ?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:41:21 -0400
Matthias Krauss wrote:

> Yes i'd like to, just asked prior to make sure that such a
> project doesnt exist, but this may take me some time .

everything in the GPL is delivered whenever the person does it.

Also there's no-one breathing down your neck on this one.

> I could think about a lvs config on floppy which gets then auto loaded, how
> would that be ?

I assume you're going to need some writeable directories and files which
the user will setup for local conditions.

/var/log
/etc/resolv.conf, hosts, host..... rc.d (init.d), rc.iptables, rc.lvs

presumably you should allow this to be expandable by the user to whatever
they want and I expect it should all fit on a floppy.

Booting off cds with a (ro) file system must be a well travelled path
and someone should already know how to handle the user configurable files.

One thing I thought about instead of a CD, was a 128M (or so) ide flashcard.
However having your (ro) files on a CD and your own files on a floppy is
a lot less bother.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx