Re: curious ESTABLISHED timeout ?

Subject: Re: curious ESTABLISHED timeout ?
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:35:19 +0800 (CST)

Hello,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, SB CH wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> Sorry repost.
>
> When I execute below, it means the ESTABLISHED timeout is 12:03, 12 minutes
> and 03 second.
>
> # ipvsadm -Lc|grep EST|less
> TCP 12:03  ESTABLISHED web2:46651         lvs:mysql db1:mysql
> TCP 12:03  ESTABLISHED web1:43393         lvs:mysql db1:mysql
>
> But, my timeout is like 480 sec(4 min),right?
>
> #  sysctl -a|grep timeout|grep estab
> net.ipv4.vs.timeout_established = 480

No, it doesn't help. It is the timeouts for secure tcp state transition
table.

> Surely, there is no established packet at that server.
> Because of this problem, all packets are not gone to this server at wlc
> algorithem.
> What's the problem and how can I solve this problem?

I don't know which version of IPVS you are using. Supposing that you are
using IPVS for kernel 2.4, you need use "ipvsadm --set tcp tcpfin udp" to
set the timeout values for TCP, TCP FIN and UDP. Please see "man ipvsadm"
for more information.

Regards,

Wensong