Re: curious ESTABLISHED timeout ?

Subject: Re: curious ESTABLISHED timeout ?
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:40:48 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, SB CH wrote:

> I use like below.
>
> kernel : 2.4.21
> ipvsadm : 1.0.10
> LVS-DR
>
> and I would like to load balance web and mysql service,
> Then which timeout is recommended?
> I guess illegal timeout cause some problem..

The default timeout values are fine. You can use "ipvsadm -Lcn" to list
the connections at the load balancer when there is no connection at the
servers, most likely those connections will be expired soon (see the
expire value).

If you stick to that connections will be expired at almost the same time
that they are expired in the servers, you can use
"cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout" at the server to see the timeout
value, then set the same timeout value at the load balancer by "ipvsadm
--set 900 <tcp_fin_timeout> 300".

Regards,

Wensong