Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem

Subject: Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem
From: "Justin Albstmeijer" <justin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:22:59 +0100 (CET)

> the packets aren't even getting out of your realserver. In your
> first posting, packets were getting out, but you weren't receiving
> any replies.

That was after running the lvs_dr script and the Joseph.Mack 3-Tier script.

>> To simplify the problem (I suspect an iproute2 problem), I dot not run
>> the
>> rc.lvs_dr script on the realserver.
>
> on the realserver, the rc.lvs_dr doesn't do a whole lot except running
> checks.
> If you're setting up a 3-Tier realserver, then lots of stuff happens.
>
>> I just remove the default gateway and see if I still can route "http"
>> traffic after running the script below.
>
> did you try the script in the HOWTO?
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.3-Tier.html

Yes except I run a 1 nic director and have a separate internet gateway,
Because of the "not replying" when trying to route to the outside, I
switched to the simplified setup, and discoverd that I could not get the
iptables_mark + iproute2 to work.

So do you have any idea what I am missing in the simplified setup?, I
think it's the same problem I have with the
lvs_realserver+Joseph.Mack_3-Tier combination.