Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem

Subject: Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:34:15 -0500
Justin Albstmeijer wrote:

> > the packets aren't even getting out of your realserver. In your
> > first posting, packets were getting out, but you weren't receiving
> > any replies.
>
> That was after running the lvs_dr script and the Joseph.Mack 3-Tier script.

do you have any firewall rules running other than from the script?
did you add the entries to /etc/iproute2/rt_tables?

> > did you try the script in the HOWTO?
> >
> > http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.3-Tier.html
>
> Yes except I run a 1 nic director

shouldn't make any difference.

> and have a separate internet gateway,

the script allows for a gw for the 3-Tier packets and another for the
packets from the VIP. They can be the same (for testing).

> So do you have any idea what I am missing in the simplified setup?

no. I tested the script for connection to port 80 and it works for me.
I'd be interested to find out why it doesn't work for you.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx