Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem

Subject: Re: lvs_dr default gateway problem
From: "Justin Albstmeijer" <justin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:09:28 +0100 (CET)
> do you have any firewall rules running other than from the script?
> did you add the entries to /etc/iproute2/rt_tables?

Yes, othewise you get an error.

>> So do you have any idea what I am missing in the simplified setup?
>
> no. I tested the script for connection to port 80 and it works for me.
> I'd be interested to find out why it doesn't work for you.

It seems packets from the local machine to the outside never pass the
PREROUTING chain.

With the default route (route add default gw 192.168.4.1), and doing the
'set-mark' on the OUTPUT chain, I see the debug message's.
When changing the default route for these marked packets (ip route add
default via 123.123.123.123 table TEST) to a non-existing gateway, routing
stops (that's good)

When removing the default route (route del default gw 192.168.4.1), I get
a "network unreachable". (with the correct route for the marked packets:
ip route add default via 192.168.4.1 table TEST)

If I set the default gateway to the ip of the local eth0 (route add
default gw 192.168.4.2), the simple config WORKS!!!!

Is this a dirty hack, or is there now a good explanation why it did not
work before?