Re: Persistence and faillover

Subject: Re: Persistence and faillover
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:17:18 +0100
Hello,

[email hand-edited to make it ledgible, please use line-wrap the next time]

After reading the LVS-Howto, I am facing a problem about persistence.
I NEED do redirect clients to a working server when a realserver is down.
So I need to clean the persistent connections (they are marked as NONE,
so it is not so hard to find them in the table, or?).

Yes, it's not hard. Only there is no interface to do it ;).

I understood there is no way to do it now. Right?

Not correct. There is an implicit way through a specific sysctl variable. See
below:

I know I use persistence because of badly written applications, and I can
face back the developers and tell then what I think about it, anyway,
if we can't clean the persistence, then, we lose the failover capabilities
of the cluster.

keepalived.sf.net should handle that.

Any idea?

Please refer to the sysctl document at: http://www.linux-vs.org/docs/sysctl.html
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn should do what you want.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc