Re: Persistence and faillover

Subject: Re: Persistence and faillover
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:45:03 +0900
On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 07:16:55AM -0500, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:
> >
> > > Please refer to the sysctl document at: http://www.linux-
> > > vs.org/docs/sysctl.html
> > > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn should do what you want.
>
> This appears to be a difficult problem. There have been many postings
> on the matter in the last 6 months. I thought I'd put the sysctl.html
> page into the persistence section of the HOWTO, but it's not there
> (some other entries for the HOWTO don't seem to have made it either,
> maybe I copied an older version of the HOWTO over a new one somehow
> and lost the updates). expire_nodest_conn is written up. The sysctl.html
> page is mentioned in another part of the HOWTO, where its relevence
> to this problem is not obvious

I am still stronly of the opinion that the sysctl variables should
be documented in the ipvsadm man page as they are stronly tied to its
behaviour.

At the moment we are in a completely half-arsed situation where
some are documented in ipvsadm(8), while all documented in sysctl.html
Yet there is no reference to sysctl.html in ipvsadm(8). Why???!!!

My preference is to merge all the information in sysctl.html into
ipvsadm(8) or perhaps a separeate man page. If this is not acceptable
then I would advocate removing all of the sysctl infromation from
ipvsadm(8) and replacing it with a reference to sysctl.html.
Though to be honest, why half the information on configuring LVS
should be in ipvsadm(8) and the other half in sysctl.html
is beyond me.

--
Horms