Re: Persistence and faillover

Subject: Re: Persistence and faillover
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:16:55 -0500
Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:

> > Please refer to the sysctl document at: http://www.linux-
> > vs.org/docs/sysctl.html
> > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn should do what you want.

This appears to be a difficult problem. There have been many postings
on the matter in the last 6 months. I thought I'd put the sysctl.html
page into the persistence section of the HOWTO, but it's not there
(some other entries for the HOWTO don't seem to have made it either,
maybe I copied an older version of the HOWTO over a new one somehow
and lost the updates). expire_nodest_conn is written up. The sysctl.html
page is mentioned in another part of the HOWTO, where its relevence
to this problem is not obvious

The section on persistence is getting quite large now. Maybe people
can't find the info.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx