Re: ssh connections through LVS-DR are being dropped.

Subject: Re: ssh connections through LVS-DR are being dropped.
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:12:04 +0900
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:57:51PM -0500, gholder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We have LVS director configured to distrube ssh connections to ssh
> real servers.  Connections from linux machines work great.  Ssh
> connections from either Solaris machines (even using openssh) or from
> Windows machines (using either ssh's ssh client, or putty) are dropped
> after about 5 minutes.

Hi,

This sounds suspicously like a timeout problem. The different behaviour
between Solaris and Windows, and Linux clients can probably be explained
in terms of use of KeepAlive and ProtocolKeepAlive (see man ssh_config)
or not as the case may be.

Try manupulating the timeout values using "ipvsadm set" and/or
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/timeout_*

--
Horms