Persistance with

Subject: Persistance with
From: "Randy Paries" <randy.paries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:15:14 -0600
Hello,

I have LVS-DR up and running (that's for everyones help)

On the two realservers I have apache and tomcat.

I have written this little jsp page that sets a session if the session is
null and displays it if it is not

When I run in on my old single server box it works fine.

When I run it on the new lvs env (1 dir - 2 real) It appears to never set
the session.
I currently have it set on round robin for debug purpose, so I was expecting
two nulls and then two sessions after that. But the session is never kept.

I was looking in the doc and it mentions
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/persistence.html
5. Catch-all persistence example of LVS/DR

It mentions "We can use the port zero here to catch all persistent services"

It is using port 0 as an example or is there special meaning to port zero.

If I set this up port 0 for each real.Does that mean each client will stay
on that particular server until the session is complete?

Thanks again for all the help

randy