Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?

Subject: Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?
From: Paolo Penzo <paolo.penzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:53:11 +0200
Simply assign the VIP to the loopback device with the noarp flag (ARP=no in config file).
Paolo.

David Osborne wrote:

I couldn't find anything about this in the list archives...

I've set up a couple of machines running RHEL AS 3 which I'd like to add
to our Squid cluster, in which the other realservers run RH9. However, I
have a problem with patching the kernel to add the hidden flag. None of
Julian's patches apply cleanly, I think because the 2.4.21-4.ELsmp
kernel I'm using has some backported features from 2.6. I also tried
Maurizio Sartori's noarp module but it didn't compile because
/usr/include/linux/config.h didn't say that the kernel included
netfiltering.

Is there a way to use the standard EL kernel? After all, RedHat's
Cluster Suite (formerly Piranha) presumably works with it. Or do I have
to build a new kernel? If so, what would people recommend -- the latest
2.6?

Thanks in advance for any comments and advice.

David