Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?

Subject: Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 11:04:07 -0400
Jacob Coby wrote:

> Joseph Mack wrote:
> > can anyone confirm that RH7.3 honors the noarp flag?
>
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/hidden doesn't exist on the latest 7.3
> kernel (2.4.20-28.7smp).

yes it's not in there

> HOWEVER, putting 'ARP=no' in my eth0 conf on the stock kernel brought
> the interface up with NOARP enabled.

you've always been able to set the NOARP flag (with ifconfig or with
iproute2), it's just that for the 2.2.x kernels and beyond, it wasn't
honored (ie the device replied to arp requests).

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx