Re: Clear the connection table immediately

Subject: Re: Clear the connection table immediately
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:07:41 +0900
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 04:28:03AM +0200, Stefan Schlosser wrote:
> * Shinichi Kido <shin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040603 16:35]:
> >
> > My current problem is that I don't know how to reset all the connection
> > table (the output list by "ipvsadm -lc" command) immediately without
> > waiting for the expire time for all the connection.
> >

> you may want to try these patches:
>
> http://grmmbl.org/code/ipvs-flushconn.diff
> http://grmmbl.org/code/ipvsadm-flushconn.diff
>

> and use `ipvsadm -F' ...

Another alternative, if you have lvs compiled as a module is
to reload it. This will clear everything.

ipvsadm -C
# remove the ipvs scheduler and other modules
# rmmod ip_vs_wlc
# ...
rmmod ip_vs
modprobe ip_vs

Then again, Shinichi-san, why do you want to clear the connection table?
It might be useful for testing. But I am not sure what it would
be useful for in production.

--
Horms